Wednesday 15 June 2011

Rewind

Comes a moment when the weight
is too heavy for you to rate
You just cannot believe,neither
are you able to perceive
that you've placed such a burden
      on the shoulder
where your prayer angel takes shelter

When you come to close your eyes
it's an order for the memories to rise
and when you come to fake a dream,
only pain,flows in your blood stream

When you shrink your lungs,when you press
When you bring them down to one last breath
When you try with all your might
to erase the past, to lessen your fright

When your soul is mourning
       its dead innocence
and when its their morning
your sun won't be shining.

Since you failed to press the right "play"
.......your sun will stop rising
because you'll never find a rewind key.

5-23-07

1 comment:

  1. Oh... when I first read this, it was hard to get past the rhyme (not a fan of rhyming poetry) and so had to click off the page for a while. But then I thought, 'let me read objectively', trying to understand the voice, and I must say I did in the end.

    From a writer to a writer, I wasn't quite sure about '... when you press...'

    O. (I don't post my name in the cybersphere. :D) x

    ReplyDelete